New: 3D/2N Mount Kinabalu Mesilau Summit Trail Climb (EB-KKM03)
- 0745 Meet at hotel lobby and proceed to Mesilau Nature Park, which is part of the Kinabalu National Park, Malaysia's World Heritage site. Journey will take approx. 2.5 hours passing by villages, paddy fields along mountainous roads that wind along the Crocker range.
- On arrival at the Mesilau Nature Park, enjoy the cool and refreshing mountain air, and have a majestic view of Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in South East Asia. The mountain will look even more spectacular with a sheer wall of granite towering a few thousand meters from the virgin forest floor and ending in jagged peaks.
- Free at own leisure or proceed for a guided walk along the nature trails with the park naturalist. While walking, listen to the sounds of the jungle and observe nature's plants, trees, orchids and butterflies.
- Overnight at the eco-friendly Mesilau Nature Resort, which is nestled amongst the trees at the foot of the mountain at about 2,000 metres above sea level within the Park.
(Lunch & Dinner)
* A visit to Poring Hot Spring is optional but if requested, can be done on Day 1 *
- Proceed to the Park HQ to register for the climb.
- Meet the mountain guide and proceed to a rest house at Laban Rata (~11,000 ft or ~3,873m above sea level) near the summit of Mt. Kinabalu for an overnight stay.
- The trek will pass by different vegetation zones from Oak and Chestnut to mossy and eventually to alpine type of vegetations.
- Dinner and Overnight at rest house.
(Breakfast, Packed Lunch & Dinner)
- Early morning ascent to the summit of Mount Kinabalu (4092.5m above sea level).
- Upon reaching the summit (Low's Peak), an opportunity to take photographs on the highest point in South East Asia.
- In clear weather, a spectacular sunrise awaits weary climbers.
- Retrace route back to Laban Rata Resthouse and onward descent to Timpohon gate where transport will take you to the Kinabalu National Park HQ to collect your achievement certificate.
- After lunch, transfer to hotel at Kota Kinabalu.
- End of Tour.
(Breakfast and Lunch)