New: 2D/1N Kudat Rungus Longhouse Tour (EB-KK26)
Tour Code: EB-KK26 ; Duration: 2 Days/1 Night ; Min Pax: 2
- Meet at hotel lobby and depart for Kudat, a three-hour drive north of Kota Kinabalu.
- Kudat is famous for its rich cultural heritage and blending of ethnic groups, especially the Rungus, the largest and the main ethnic group living in Kudat.
- On the way stopover to see the Gong Making and Bee Farm and proceed to the "Tips of Borneo" to view the magnificent scenery standing at the very tip of Borneo Island.
- Then proceed to the unique attractions include the Bavaggazo longhouses, planned and developed as a cultural centrepiece by the Rungus community at Kampong Bavaggazzo as a means to display and conserve their cultural heritage.
- Experiencing life in a longhouse while taking part in community activities such as weaving and bead stringing.
- The evening brings a festive 'party' atmosphere to the longhouse, with the rhythmic playing of gongs and villagers resplendent in their traditional black costume complete with elaborate beads.
- Overnight at Meranjak Runggus Longhouse.
- After breakfast, depart from the Kudat Runggus Longhouse.
- Proceed back to Kota Kinabalu and transfer to hotel or airport.
- End of tour.
(Breakfast)NOTE: Bring along - Water bottle, insect repellent, long pants, trekking shoes, personal toiletries, light jacket, and insect repellent.