New: 3D/2N Mesilau Nature Park, Poring Hot Spring and Kinabalu National Park (EB-KKM02)
- 0745 Meet at hotel lobby and proceed to Mesilau Nature Park, which is part of the Kinabalu National Park, Malaysia's World Heritage site. Journey will take approx. 2.5 hours passing by villages, paddy fields along mountainous roads that wind along the Crocker range.
- A brief stop over at Nabalu, a collection of native stalls selling fruits, vegetables, local produce and handicrafts. An opportunity to observe the local stall activities.
- 1030 Arrive at Mesilau Nature Park, on the Mesilau plateau en route be captivated by the spectacular views of the Kundasang valley, and parts of the scenic beauty of the Kundasang Mt. Kinabalu Golf Course, a challenging 18-hole golf course for avid golfers, undeniably, the highest golf course in South East Asia.
- Enjoy the cool and refreshing mountain air, and have a majestic view of Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in South East Asia. The mountain will look even more spectacular with a sheer wall of granite towering a few thousand meters from the virgin forest floor and ending in jagged peaks.
- Free at own leisure or proceed for a guided walk along the nature trails with the park naturalist. While walking, listen to the sounds of the jungle and observe nature's plants, trees, orchids and butterflies.
- The Nature Park boasts an estimated 4,500 species of plants which includes 1,500 species of orchids, 77 of which are endemic to Kinabalu. The park also supports 289 species of birds and 290 different types of butterflies. The world’s largest pitcher plant, the “Nepenthes Rajah” grows in abundance here.
- Overnight at the eco-friendly Mesilau Nature Resort, which is nestled amongst the trees at the foot of the mountain at about 2,000 metres above sea level within the Park.
(Lunch & Dinner)
- After breakfast, depart for another interesting natural wonder, the Poring Hot Spring located approx. 47 km from Kinabalu Park. Poring Hot Spring, named after the tall bamboo plant that is abundant in that area, is a natural spring where hot sulfurous water emit from the ground.
- There are Japanese Baths where visitors can soak themselves and let the invigorating sulfurous water stimulate the body.
- Visitors can also try the canopy walkway, where suspension bridges are suspended at the top of the canopy for visitors to walk along the canopy of a tropical jungle.
- 1530 Depart Poring Hot Spring to accommodation.
- Overnight at Kinabalu Pine Resort or related - depending on availability.
(Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- After breakfast and check-out, depart for Kota Kinabalu.
- En route a brief stopover at Kinabalu National Park.
- On arrival, transfer to hotel.
- End of Tour.